Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 9:00am to 5:00pm
Learn Permaculture with Austin's favorite Permaculture Teachers.
- What are your personal needs? ~ base what you grow on what you like to eat and what can be grown in the area.
- What other needs can you think of for this area? ~ Consider elements like: recreation/play, outdoor cooking, pond, worm farm, sitting/contemplative area, glasshouse, propagation/potting shed/area.
- What is the connection with the adjoining zones? e.g. 0 (house) & 2 (Fruit Forest)? Think about the needs & yields of all 3 zones
- What materials you will need? This often comes when the design is done but if you look at what is available either on your land or close by you may be inspired by the resources you have & come up with some ingenuous ideas.
- What should you buy? You may actually decide to limit what you do to what you can glean/recycle/gather rather than what you can buy. This can lead to becoming quite skilled at finding what you need & seeing resources everywhere!
Posted by selwyn on Sat, 10/10/2015 - 10:57am
Whole Life Learning Center
10801 Old San Antonio Road
Austin, TX 78748United States
Number of views