7006 Millrace Dr #B 78724, Austin, TX
Price: $20.00/per person
Islands of Fertility with Permaculture Design:
The concept of Islands of Fertility is to start in small sections and make them prosperous so that you can move on and continue to spread throughout your urban landscape with what actually works, rather than covering your yard with a design that fails. This is a hands-on workshop with a short presentation about Permaculture Design Principles at the beginning.
In this workshop we will learn and co-create the following:
• Permaculture Principles of Design as applied to Texas Bioregion.
• What is an Island of Fertility?
• Simple Plant Partnerships that work well in Texas Bioregion.
• How to create micro climates and "sun-traps," to get the most out of limited sunlight in the small urban setting. (Works well in large scale as well.)
• How to plant transplants? What to plant and where based on directions of the sun, wind patterns and more...
• How to use and A-frame.
• Sheet Mulching recipe for the most beneficial soil using on site materials to literally grow your own soil.
That's a truly packed out workshop, staking principles permaculture!