I have to often issue commands like: vagrant up, or vagrant reload and OSX wants to be sure that I know what I am doing so it cleverly asks for my password. Thanks to the efforts of a very smart coworker, there is a workaround to this problem.
First do: which sed
and replace the /usr/bin/sed below with your path to sed)
These go under cmd alias specification section
Use this command to edit /etc/sudoers (don't do it directly): sudo visudo
I'm struggling with a peculiar little problem. My old faithful windows 10 computer will never eject the USB thumb drive. It doesn't ever show any errors. Its quite puzzling. I have several usb devices currently working including a 4TB usb hard drive, usb keyboard and mouse and a Fujitsu USB scanner. When I plug in the usb thumb drive, Windows makes the familiar boing noise and I can view the contents of the drive, but when I click the bottom right icon to eject, all goes well but explorer still sees the drive. I can manually remove the thumb drive from the usb port and Windows remains
I recently purchased a cool new 4 TB external WD hard drive for backups. When I plugged it in and rebooted my computer, I got a black screen and never saw windows boot up. I spent some time looking at various posts but never found anything useful so I thought I'd post my solution here.
Note. the drive worked fine when I plugged it in. I only found a problem when I rebooted the computer. This is a problem as I plan to leave the drive plugged in so my system can make a daily backup each evening to the external drive.
I use a device called an OBI100 with google voice to make and receive phone calls when at home. This allows me to use the same phone number for voice/cell/texts etc. It only cost me about $30 btw. Recently, I hit a snag.
When I tried to make a phone call, after I dialed the number, a voice reported: "no service error please login to obitalk and configure your device"
My beloved Firefox has been doing something strange when it tries to view websites that have certificate problems such as expired certificates. For some reason my desktop computer would pop up a bland dialog box whining about the site uses an invalid security certificate. My laptop doesn't seemt to do this. Apparently no-one on the internet has ever experienced this problem so I felt it would be useful to share the solution with folks.