Austin Progressive Potluckers
Hi - Welcome to Austin Progressive Potluckers. We go to other people's potlucks. Come join us - share food - meet fascinating people - network with other thinkers like you.
from left to right: Jan Adler, Shanda Sansing, Brandi Clark, Selwyn Polit, Bruce Kravitz, Diane Miller (please ignore the next person)
- Austin Progressive Potluckers connects people interested in making a difference with the non-profits and grassroots organizations that are working hard to make a positive difference throughout Austin.
- Each month, the Austin Progressive Potluckers are hosted by a different organization, providing people a chance to learn more about the group while connecting and networking over great food and great conversation.
- Our motto is “Changing the world - one covered dish at a time.”
- Scroll down the page to see the upcoming potluck. Click here for more on how potluckers works. Ready to host a potluck? Check out How to host a potluck.
- Want to help with the planning or see where we are heading in the future. Check out our planning page
How do I host a potluck?
To set a potluck, there are 10 easy steps:
Based on this info, we'll create a brief email and send it out to our email list (currently about 700 people) about 3 weeks before the event. We also send out a reminder email about a week before the event. The invite will also be posted on our web site page,www.austinprogressivecalendar.com/potlucks Usually about 2 or 3 dozen Potluckers show up.
At the glorious event, folks usually eat from first (sometimes from 6:30 until around 7:15) then somebody from your group can make a brief (15-20 minute) presentation about your organization. Often a potlucker committee member will talk to the group about potluckers for 5-10 minutes and invite people to sign up. The rest of the evening is spent chatting and socializing and networking with some of the greatest folks in Austin.
Send a message to the potluckers steering committee if you want to set up a potluck.